wtf the fuck at all of these posts i’m seeing on my dash defending outright emotional manipulation and abuse in friendships/relationships in general.
if you are at a point in your relationship with someone where:
- they are openly (however passive aggressively) jealous about you spending time with people who aren’t them
- they demand your attention above everyone else’s, or above other things you have going on in your life
- they force you to fulfil a quota of communication with them every day, like communication with them is something you owe them instead of something that should com naturally for both of you
- you have to walk on eggshells around them to avoid making them angry at you
- they refuse to apologise for treating you badly becuase they ‘can’t help’ it
- you feel guilty doing things that aren’t talking to them in case it upsets them
- if you are generally interacting them out of a perceived obligation or fear of upsetting them rather than a genuine desire to speak to them
- A MULTITUDE of really unhealthy shit
that is not healthy. that is not a sign of a healthy friendship. stop defending this shit.